Time for India
04 september 2023
India is expected to become the world’s fastest growing large economy this year and is projected to become the third largest by 2030. With demographics that supports a fast growing workforce, India offers immense potential for Swedish businesses to invest, grow, and diversify.
You are invited to attend a Time for India breakfast seminar at the Stockholm Chamber of Commerce on 4 September 2023. During the seminar, we will give you a taste of India’s dynamic business environment, investment prospects, and growth potential. Drawing from the recent Business Climate Survey conducted amongst Swedish companies already established in India, you will gain insights into the expanding collaboration between India and Sweden, as well as the bilateral agreements within the innovation landscape. Additionally, we will provide an update on the ongoing discussions surrounding the Free Trade Agreement between the EU and India.
The event is hosted by the Stockholm Chamber of Commerce and organised by Team Sweden – comprising the Embassy of Sweden in New Delhi, the Consulate General in Mumbai, Business Sweden, the Swedish Chamber of Commerce in India, Sweden India Business Council, Invest India, and the Embassy of India in Stockholm.
Following the seminar, you will have ample opportunity to engage with the speakers and address any specific inquiries you may have regarding India, your market entry strategy, and how your company can become an integral part of the growing India-Sweden business community.
08.30 – Breakfast
09.00 – Seminar
10.00 – Mingle
11.00 – End
- Theresa Ryberg, Head of International Trade, Stockholm Chamber of Commerce
- Tanmaya Lal, Ambassador of India to Sweden
- Jan Thesleff, Ambassador of Sweden to India
- Jan Larsson, CEO, Business Sweden
- Cecilia Oskarsson, Trade Commissioner of Sweden to India, Business Sweden
- Sara Larsson, General Manager of Swedish Chamber of Commerce India
- Per-Arne Wikström, Head of Office of Science & Innovation, Embassy of Sweden in New Delhi
- Markus Lundgren, Economic Counsellor, Embassy of Sweden in New Delhi
- Robin Sukhia, Secretary General and President of Sweden India Business Council
Main topics for discussion:
- India Business Climate: Key insights from 2023’s Business Climate Survey
- Advantage India: Demography, Make-In-India and Sourcing potential
- India Start-ups Coming of Age: Innovation, Start-up ecosystems, R&D
- De-Carbonization: Sustainability and Green transition
- Facilitating Seamless Trade: EU-India FTA negotiations, EU-India Trade and Technology Council, Team Sweden roadmap for removing obstacles
Time for India is organised by: Embassy of Sweden in New Delhi, Consulate General of Sweden in Mumbai, Business Sweden, Swedish Chamber of Commerce India, Sweden India Business Council, Invest India, and Embassy of India in Stockholm.