Svenska sv


Are you planning to export goods to Norway, Mexico, or any other country that has a free trade agreement with the EU? Your customer may avoid paying import duties by using an EUR.1 certificate.

Welcome to TradePort – Our New Platform for Trade Documents

On TradePort, you can search for trade documents that are essential and crucial for the import and export of goods. You will be able to track your case digitally and have your documents organized in one place

Create your account here

An EUR.1 certificate can provide reduced customs duties or, in some cases, exemption from customs duties upon import. To issue an EUR.1 certificate, the importing country must have a free trade agreement with the EU, and the goods must qualify as originating according to the rules of that agreement.

Which countries have free trade agreements with the EU?

On the Swedish Customs’ website under ‘Rules for countries and regions,’ you can find a list in Swedish of countries that have agreements with the EU. On each country’s page, you can check if EUR.1 is used as a certificate of origin.

How does a product become an originating product?

A product doesn’t automatically become an originating product in the EU just because it’s imported or manufactured here. The origin is determined by the type of manufacturing and the origin of the materials used to make the product. You can find specific information about your products for export to a particular country on the respective country’s page on the Swedish Customs’ website.

To facilitate the determination of origin, the European Commission has developed a tool called ‘Rules of Origin Self Assessment (ROSA),’ which you can use to assess the origin of your products.

Who is responsible for the information in the certificate?

The company applying for an EUR.1 certificate is responsible for ensuring that the goods meet the requirements to be considered originating goods and for providing supporting documents for the origin. Swedish Customs has the right to conduct checks to verify that you have the necessary documentation to support your certificate. You can find information on the types of documents that may be required to establish origin on the Swedish Customs’ website.

Do you have questions? Contact us, we are here to assist you.

Price list for certificates and documents

Digital application via TradePort

The easiest way to apply for an EUR.1 is through TradePort, but you can also fill out an EUR.1 form and send it to us during our opening hours. Regardless of how you apply, we issue the certificates in paper format, as it is not currently possible to issue EUR.1 digitally.

To issue an EUR.1 certificate, you must attach a document that confirms that the goods are being exported to a free trade party, such as an export invoice. Please note that this document must not contain a statement of origin or invoice declaration, as there must not be duplicate certificates of origin for the same goods.

If you wish to have invoices or other documents related to your certificate visaed, you can upload them via TradePort in connection with your application or attach them with the EUR.1 form. You can obtain visas for invoices and other export documents even if you do not apply for an EUR.1. If you do not order the visas via TradePort, it is important that you specify what you want to order.

When the certificates are issued, you will receive a notification by email. You can then pick them up at our office on Regeringsgatan 29, Monday to Friday, between 1:00 PM and 3:00 PM, or have them sent to you. If you want us to send them, please provide your postal address in the ‘Comments/Special Instructions’ field in TradePort.

Log into TradePort


Here are common questions and answers about EUR.1 certificates

All your trade documents in one place

TradePort is the digital platform for trade documents. Apply, and follow your errands – all in one place.

Do you need assistance? Welcome to contact us:

Phone: +46 8-555 100 20